As our New Year’s Resolution for 2017, and as part of an initiative to better understand the stigma and narrative around mental health and mental illness, we at Subconscious have decided to start a book challenge: Six books in 2017.
Join us in learning more about stigma through these six wonderful books, and stay tuned for events, reviews, and book giveaways!
- Jan-Feb: The Mark of Shame: Stigma of Mental Illness and an Agenda for Change by Dr. Stephen Hinshaw
- Mar-Apr: Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me: A Graphic Memoir by artist Ellen Forney
- May-Jun: The Depths: The Evolutionary Origins of the Depression Epidemic by Dr. Jonathan Rottenberg
- Jul-Aug: A Disability of the Soul by Dr. Karen Nakamura
- Sept-Oct: Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded by YouTube celebrity Hannah Hart
- Nov-Dec: Ordinary People by novelist and screenwriter Judith Guest
This post was written by Elissa Lee. Please email email@example.com with any questions.